Mattis leaving in Feb

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Mattis leaving in Feb

Postby Reverenddel » Fri, 21 Dec 2018 10:39:40

(shakes head) Trump just got screwed.

If Mattis ran for office? Lawd. That would be AWESOME!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Re: Mattis leaving in Feb

Postby MarcSpaz » Fri, 21 Dec 2018 14:25:39

Pulling troops out if the middle east created ISIS. Pulling out of Syria is a horrible idea. They are not stable a d its going to cause a bunch of new problems.

Mattis knows this, knows its going to lead to a US body count and doesn't want to be a part of it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby kelu » Sat, 22 Dec 2018 12:46:12

ISIS would not be created without help. Money, weapons, instructors paid with our taxes.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby MarcSpaz » Sat, 22 Dec 2018 15:02:49

Yep. The equipment was ours. The DOD left it behind due to expenses being too high to bring it back. It was all supposed to be destroyed.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby CaptainMorgan » Mon, 24 Dec 2018 10:48:03

Mattie is out 1 Jan now. He wasn’t with the Trump agenda. I am. Only time will tell if it was a smart move. If it is, you sure won’t hear about from our media.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Coast Guard   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
CaptainMorgan
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Paul

Postby CaptainMorgan » Mon, 24 Dec 2018 10:52:27

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Coast Guard   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
CaptainMorgan
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Paul

Postby Ironbear » Mon, 24 Dec 2018 12:23:57

You don't have to agree with your boss, but if you don't do what he asks...
My grandfather said, "Always use your head!".
I told him, "I want to pound nails!"
He said, "Best use a hammer instead."

Ironbear
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 24 Dec 2018 12:43:35

Mattis was the "selling" point for quite a few of the people who voted for him.

We'll see if he can bounce back after the Fed Reserve basically crashed his economic advances outta spite.

The Libertarian in me wants the Federal Reserve dismissed, and back on a gold/silver/oil/platinum standard, but it won't happen.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby kelu » Mon, 24 Dec 2018 15:27:05

I am troubled by the fact that democrats are thinking to run Mattis as one of their one in next elections.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby jdonovan » Mon, 24 Dec 2018 18:24:48

I think with a flip of Ohio, after the GM layoffs, Florida registering about 100K dems / year should now make that place a solid D, and now its a math game. Without those 2 places it becomes about impossible for a R to win with big show. And honestly here at home I think VA is about to lean a lot more blue in the next contest, and that probably means problems in our own state house.

jdonovan
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 25 Dec 2018 15:27:54

It's why I'm looking to retire to a different state, Virginia is lost as long as "Carpetbaggers" find that they can use our natural gentile nature against us to further their own gains.

Always knew it was a problem due to D.C, and Tidewater, but the infestation spread to Charlottesville, and Richmond via the "Colleges".

They liked it, and stayed instead of going home.

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby SHMIV » Tue, 25 Dec 2018 22:34:00

I have found, in my travels, that most of Kentucky reminds me of what Virginia used to be, back when Virginia was populated by actual Virginians. I also find that, for the most part, Missouri is a fine State. Were I to consider leaving VA, MO and KY would be serious considerations.

As to Mattis, I have found that I have no opinion, really. There is just too much information involved that remains classified, and thus undisclosed and undiscussed (we don't know what we don't know). I have respect for both Trump and Mattis, and (with what little information is available to the public) it seems that both men have opposing but equally valid concerns in regard to Syria.

I just hope that Trump picks a good replacement; "More Patton, Less Eisenhower". Trump does have a deep appreciation for a strong military, so I expect that a suitable replacement will be found.

"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby Swampman » Wed, 26 Dec 2018 10:22:09

Reverenddel wrote:Mattis was the "selling" point for quite a few of the people who voted for him.

We'll see if he can bounce back after the Fed Reserve basically crashed his economic advances outta spite.

The Libertarian in me wants the Federal Reserve dismissed, and back on a gold/silver/oil/platinum standard, but it won't happen.

^^^Correctomundo!^^^

I too have started considering other locales to park my old gray behind in. Two things will be on the top of my list: 1) Taxes; 2) Gun laws. Tennessee isn't a bad choice.
Progressives/Liberals - Promoting tyranny and a defenseless people since 1913.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Swampman
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jim

Postby kelu » Wed, 26 Dec 2018 18:02:15

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 31 Dec 2018 12:00:24

Yep! Swampman! TN is on my list, the only concern? Nashville, and Memphis, the Carpetbagger infestation started there with "Bro-Country". It causes concerns. I know the Eastern section of TN does NOT give a rip about the Western section

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby Swampman » Thu, 03 Jan 2019 16:53:01

Reverenddel wrote:Yep! Swampman! TN is on my list, the only concern? Nashville, and Memphis, the Carpetbagger infestation started there with "Bro-Country". It causes concerns. I know the Eastern section of TN does NOT give a rip about the Western section

Only thing in East TN to worry about is Knoxville. College towns are havens of stupidity.
Progressives/Liberals - Promoting tyranny and a defenseless people since 1913.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Swampman
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jim

Return to General Discussion