Ergo Classic AK Grip BlackClassic AK Grip Black
Ergo
    Ergo FN SCAR Suregrip CoyoteFN SCAR Suregrip Coyote
Ergo
    Ergo SURESTOP Tactical Rail Hand Stop BlackSURESTOP Tactical Rail Hand Stop Black
Ergo

Lets do a group buy on some of these... I could use one or t

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Postby JacobDW » Mon, 09 Apr 2012 06:57:05

JacobDW
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Re: Lets do a group buy on some of these... I could use one or t

Postby OakRidgeStars » Mon, 09 Apr 2012 07:24:47

I'm not sure that sign is possum cop approved :roll:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Image @OakRidgeStars

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby AlanM » Mon, 09 Apr 2012 08:03:03

Since I'm not a hunter and I have seen deer bait for sale in a WalMart in Ohio I searched and found this site:

State Laws for Feeding & Baiting Deer

Another VERY good reason to not believe that gun/hunting laws are the same throughout the US.
What's perfectly legal in Ohio will get you in deep doodoo in VA.
And vice-versa, it's illegal in Ohio to hunt deer with a rifle.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC is a 1911

Postby scrubber3 » Tue, 10 Apr 2012 03:58:02

Holy crap. In NC I used to work on a farm as a teenager. We actually grew corn to feed deer. We called it deer corn :). Of course it was nothing more than livestock feed corn, but I thought for sure hunting laws would be nearly identical for NC and VA. Guess that's why I didn't see any deer corn for sale this past hunting season. I never bait anyway, or still hunt for that matter. I track, but even then I won't kill unless I know I'll use every bit of meat. I track just to keep my skills up.

On point though.... That sign is quite funny.
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
scrubber3
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: JW

My Arsenal:
SCAR-H, Glock 30, Glock 19, Glock 26, Mosin Nagant, LRB AR decked out.
Colts & Kimbers are what you show your friends.
Glocks are what you show your enemies.

Next Firearm:
MG 42

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:01:43

BAD DEER! NO SALT LICK!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Postby AlanM » Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:52:21

Reverenddel wrote:BAD DEER! NO SALT LICK!

That's another thing I've seen for sale near the ammo counter of my local WalMart in Ohio when I lived there.

There are still a FEW WalMarts in Ohio that sell guns but not many. The ones that I went to were not on that short list.

Deer are a serious problem in Ohio(MANY car/deer collisions) and complete herds of them are found starved to death each spring in the metro parks near most all of the large cities in the state.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC is a 1911

Postby dorminWS » Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:10:46

In Virginia, you can feed deer. You can put out salt. You can farm all you want and never harvest.

But you damn well better not get caught hunting over bait.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."
-Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Return to General Discussion