Hogue AR15 Metal Gas Tube Bent Car AR FrndAR15 Metal Gas Tube Bent Car AR Frnd
Hogue
    Hogue 1" Poly Swivel1" Poly Swivel
Hogue
    Hogue 1 1/4" Poly Swivel1 1/4" Poly Swivel
Hogue

How will government shutdown affect you?

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Re: How will government shutdown affect you?

Postby meangene » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 11:14:59

Us military types will still be working....but without pay. Hmm, makes me think about the guys down range being shot at; the last thing they need to to be worried about is whether or not their wives will be able to pay the mortgage.

meangene
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Mean

My Arsenal:
Not Enough!

Postby meak99 » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 11:36:05

Fortunately, my project is part of a Working Capital Fund which won't be furloughed. However, not sure if we'll be paid on time or if that will be delayed. We'll all be affected one way or another.

meak99
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Matt

Postby acguy45 » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 13:59:17

meangene wrote:Us military types will still be working....but without pay. Hmm, makes me think about the guys down range being shot at; the last thing they need to to be worried about is whether or not their wives will be able to pay the mortgage.

We are still working, just getting half a paycheck ( I just checked my LES). but I still got the same bills and I'm willing to bet the politicians are getting there $.

acguy45
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: bob

My Arsenal:
AR-15
1911A1
Mark III 22/45
30-06
ARCUS 98 DA 9MM

Next Firearm:
to many to list

Postby Taggure » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 14:55:13

meangene wrote:Us military types will still be working....but without pay. Hmm, makes me think about the guys down range being shot at; the last thing they need to to be worried about is whether or not their wives will be able to pay the mortgage.

It is a shame what they are doing to you guys and I mean it from the Heart. I am retired AF with 21 years and in the mid 90's when the last shutdown happened President Clinton deemed the military as essential so we got paid. However this worthless Commander in Chief has no regard for the troops that he is the commander of and is using them to make a political statement with his VETO threat.

If this continues this course I will have time to go to the range or go fishing next week

Vern
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Taggure
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Mother: Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?

Adult Ralphie: Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.

Ralphie: I want an offical Red Rider carbine action two hundred shot range model air rifle.

Postby zephyp » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 09:57:20

Personally they could have shut it down even if I didnt get paid. I was just simply looking for a nice long break. I'm tired and frustrated. Even an unpaid 3 or 4 weeks off would have been absolutely fantastic...there is still a chance. Maybe I can get a call through to the white house...

"Uh, Mr. President?"
"Yes..."
"This is Speaker Boner..."
"Yes Speaker..."
"BITE ME YOU #$%^ #%$@#@@ !!!! And the old wookie broad you rode in on...THE DEAL IS OFF...click"

:hysterical:
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Postby VBshooter » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 15:30:15

Yeah!! Damn It!!!! Wookies suck!!!! :hysterical:
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Spence

Next Firearm:
H&K Sig or an AK47/74

Previous

Return to General Discussion