Gov. Northam announces gun control package

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Re: Gov. Northam announces gun control package

Postby Swampman » Thu, 17 Jan 2019 10:05:36

Wish the audio was better.
Progressives/Liberals - Promoting tyranny and a defenseless people since 1913.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Swampman
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jim

Postby CaptainMorgan » Fri, 18 Jan 2019 20:10:12

In regards to prior comments about moving: stay and fight here. Eventually we're going to run of freedom loving states if we don't.
On a positive note:

From the VCDL President's email today:
"Tonight was an excellent night for Virginia gun owners! THAT SAID, IF WE DON'T VOTE IN GOOD PEOPLE IN SEPTEMBER, THIS COULD ALL CHANGE NEXT YEAR.

The anti's behaved themselves tonight. Of course it helped that a Capitol police officer was in the room the whole time to serve as a reminder to keep things civil. Chairman Farris made it clear in his initial remarks that incivility would NOT be tolerated.

Even Richmond Mayor Stoney, with interim police chief in tow, was there to push gun control.

BIG THANKS TO THE REPUBLICANS, WHO ALL VOTED CORRECTLY TONIGHT: Matt Fariss, Mike Webert, Nick Frietas, and Jeffrey Campbell.

NOTE: Keep Democrat John Bell in your prayers. He had to leave the subcommittee early tonight because of a tragedy within his family. No further information at this time.

-

Here are the bills and their status:

HB 2399, Delegate Lopez, allows police to drag their heels in approving gun purchases. KILLED by a 4 to 1 vote!

HB 2244, Delegate Sullivan, prohibits the possess or transport a firearm for someone committing a crime that is a MISDEMEANOR. KILLED by a 4 to 1 vote!

HB 1956, Delegate Toscano, bans guns during a "permitted event." KILLED by a 4 to 1 vote!

HB 2479, Delegate Plum, Universal Background Checks. KILLED by a vote of 4 to 1!

HB 2285, Delegate Hayes, makes it a felony if an someone under 18 gets access to a firearm. KILLED by a vote of 4 to 1!

HB 2492, Delegate Tran, "assault" firearms that have magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. KILLED by a vote of 3 to 1!

HB 2604, Delegate Ward, One Handgun a Month bill. KILLED by a vote of 4 to 1!

HB 2253, Delegate Pogge, makes State Police issue non-resident CHPs in 45 days (currenttly taking 5 months). PASSED 4 to 2 and heads to full committee Friday morning!

HB 1763, Delegate Sullivan, Red Flag law. KILLED by 4 to 2 after long debate!

HB 1691, Delegate Simon, expands ban on completely-plastic guns. KILLED by a 4 to 2 vote!

HB 1644, Delegate Bourne, punishes gun owner who does not report a lost or stolen gun quickly enough with a fine and opens up civil and criminal liability. KILLED by a 4 to 2 vote!

HB 1992, Delegate Price, bans guns at local government meetings. KILLED by a 4 to 2!

HB 1654, Delegate Rasoul, prohibits loaded rifles in certain localities. KILLED by a 4 to 2!

HB 1856, Delegate McQuinn, bans guns in libraries. KILLED by a 4 to 2 vote!"

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Coast Guard   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
CaptainMorgan
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Paul

Postby MarcSpaz » Fri, 18 Jan 2019 20:51:09

Its promising for sure. The problem I have with staying is, if they try to take away our Rights with the strokes of a pen, and I stay, I'm going to become a criminal. I'm not going to tolerate another drop.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby kelu » Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:18:28

We need more grassroots activity in NOVA.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby Reverenddel » Sat, 19 Jan 2019 01:39:17

We have the VCDL, but it's the same 1000 white guys doing it ALL!

We need WAY more people in it, making decisions, and making progress in the fight to gain our rights back.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Postby MarcSpaz » Sat, 19 Jan 2019 02:12:43

Did I hear Phil say only 5 members showed up on the first day?

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby TomVA » Sat, 19 Jan 2019 10:58:44

The best long term solution is to split the state into North Virginia and South Virginia. That way our representatives would actually represent our interests, needs, and way of life. Right now we are just the tail on the NOVA dog.
In NJ, the bad guys are armed and the households are alarmed. In VA, the households are armed and the bad guys are alarmed.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
TomVA
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Tom

My Arsenal:
CZ 75 BD, 9mm
SCCY CPX-2, 9mm
Remington 870 HD 12 ga
Ruger SP101 357 Magnum, 2.25"
Ruger Mark II Target, .22 cal

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 21 Jan 2019 19:19:15

CORRECT! NoVa, Tidewater, and Richmond Center (Not surrounding) dictate the Anti-"freedom" sentiment.

Idjuts move here to escape bad legislation, only to vote in the same idjuts who voted for... BAD LEGISLATION! (shakes head)

Definition of stupid.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Previous

ads

Return to General Discussion