Gas Prices under Obama

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Gas Prices under Obama

Postby AlanM » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:09:52

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC is a 1911

Re: Gas Prices under Obama

Postby fuze » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 07:22:48

Do a History check on gas prices over the last decade. We are seeing the same run-up as we did with Bush during hit late term. As much as I don't like the guy ( ABO ) he is not responsible..

fuze
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Joe

My Arsenal:
Nunya.

Next Firearm:
Colt Anaconda

Postby dorminWS » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 09:39:56

fuze wrote:Do a History check on gas prices over the last decade. We are seeing the same run-up as we did with Bush during hit late term. As much as I don't like the guy ( ABO ) he is not responsible..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes he is – in very large part. The primary reason gas is so high is that the Chinese and Indians have been bidding it up and buying much of the refined product produced in the US. And how is THAT BHO’s fault, you will ask, right? Because of his refusal to reduce spending (except on the military) that has resulted in several trillions of dollars of increase in the deficit over and above the pre-existing trend. That has in turn devalued the dollar. The Chinese, Indians, et als. therefore have had plenty of dollars that are cheaper and cheaper in terms of their currency to buy up oil to fuel their expanding economies; and have been doing exactly that. And THAT is why you may lay the blame for the high price of gas squarely at Obama’s door with a high degree of confidence and a clear conscience.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."
-Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby davasmith » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 13:33:20

Foreign indians man, don't get it twisted. My people have nothing to do with this crap. (My cherokee people that is) lol

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

davasmith
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Joshua

My Arsenal:
A sharp wit, and a big stick.... shhhh...

Next Firearm:
Class 3 Form 4 ???

Postby dorminWS » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 13:38:29

davasmith wrote:Foreign indians man, don't get it twisted. My people have nothing to do with this crap. (My cherokee people that is) lol

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I APOLOGIZE! I APOLOGIZE!
SWMBO is one-quarter Cherokee, so I know damn well not to make you Cherokees mad.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."
-Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:

Postby jrswanson1 » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:28:22

When Obama was elected, gasoline was under $2 a gallon. Heck, it was $1.30 a gallon in PWC. We're coming back to $4 a gallon now. There's talk about $5 a gallon gas by summer time. Mr. Wishy Washy/Hopey Changey isn't helping things, he's making things worse.

jrswanson1
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jim

My Arsenal:
3 AR-15s
CETME
Rem 700 CDL 7mm-08
Win 94 .45 Colt
Ruger Mini-14 .223
Kel Tec Sub2000 9mm
Rem 870 Express Super Mag
Rem 11-87P
Spanish SxS 12 Gauge
ParaOrdnance P16-40 .40 S&W
CZ-75B 9mm
Ruger Mark II
CVA Magnum black powder rifle
Remington 700 Sendero II in 300 WM
Keltec PF9
Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt
RIA 1911 Bright Nickel .45 ACP
Enfield No. 1 Mark III*
Vz54/91
Vz52
Model of 1917 Enfield
Fazakerly No. 4 Mk I South African issued
Lithgow No. 1 Mk. III
Vz-24
Ishapore 2a
Enfield No.1 Mk III Republic of Ireland issued

Next Firearm:
Who am I kidding

Postby fuze » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:53:21

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/27/markets ... /index.htm

http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

The President (which ever one is in office) has very little to do with the price of gas, you can argue otherwise until your head turns purple and falls off, but it's still wrong.

Like I said, I don't like Obama anymore then you fellas, but this is one thing that is not his fault, although I will say he is not doing much in the way of fighting back against it since it helps him push his greener energy policies...

fuze
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Joe

My Arsenal:
Nunya.

Next Firearm:
Colt Anaconda

Postby dorminWS » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 15:31:43

fuze wrote:http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/27/markets/oil_speculation_rules/index.htm

The President (which ever one is in office) has very little to do with the price of gas, you can argue otherwise until your head turns purple and falls off, but it's still wrong.

Like I said, I don't like Obama anymore then you fellas, but this is one thing that is not his fault, although I will say he is not doing much in the way of fighting back against it since it helps him push his greener energy policies...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I repeat, his hyperinflationary spending and budget strategy is doing more to increase gas prices than Obama could do on purpose if he was trying his best.
-Thomas Jefferson

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby Kreutz » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 19:01:37

Get used to this regardless of who wins in 2012..or 2016...or 2020..by 2024 we should be officially in Mad Max land(AKA modern day Detroit), so theres always that to look forward to.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Lolwhut

My Arsenal:
12ga.
9mm
7.62x38R
8x56r

Next Firearm:
can't sell another kidney (never said I was gonna sell mine)

Postby scott9050 » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 14:48:33

dorminWS wrote:
fuze wrote:http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/27/markets/oil_speculation_rules/index.htm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I repeat, his hyperinflationary spending and budget strategy is doing more to increase gas prices than Obama could do on purpose if he was trying his best.

That and cutting offshore drilling permits and stopping the pipeline project. While these are relatively small things, this sends a message to speculators that playing ping pong with oil contracts is safer than it otherwise would be.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
scott9050
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: William

My Arsenal:
Springfield .40 XD sub
Beretta PX4 Storm compact .40
Beretta PX4 Storm 9 MM
Stoeger Cougar .40
DPMS AR15
Taurus P145 Pro
Mossberg A500
91/30 Mosin-Nagant

Postby tursiops » Thu, 08 Mar 2012 12:01:57

...and under Bush...

Clipboard01.jpg

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
tursiops
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: yes

Return to General Discussion