DT Systems Training Scent 1.25oz QuailTraining Scent 1.25oz Quail
DT Systems
    DT Systems Training Scent Rabbit 1.25ozTraining Scent Rabbit 1.25oz
DT Systems
    DT Systems Training Scent Pheasant 4ozTraining Scent Pheasant 4oz
DT Systems

Franklin County HS shooting team

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Franklin County HS shooting team

Postby smltooner » Fri, 07 Mar 2014 19:15:17

Check out this story from the Roanoke Times.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/franklin-co ... b2370.html

The liberal anti-gunners should try this afterschool program in the big cities.

:first: :first: :first: :first: :first: :first: :first: :first: :first: :first: :first: :first: :first: :first: :first:
THE HIGH PRICE OF FREEDOM IS A COST PAID BY A BRAVE FEW. In memory of our fallen heroes.

THOSE WHO SERVE DESERVE HONOR, RESPECT, THANKS.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
smltooner
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Ted

Re: Franklin County HS shooting team

Postby MarcSpaz » Fri, 07 Mar 2014 20:26:04

That's pretty cool.

I remember, when I was little, most school shooting teams had nothing to do with ROTC; and the rifles used .22 bullets instead of BB's.

I would love to see that nationwide today, but it would never happen. And maybe today it shouldn't happen. When I was a kid there was 14-15 kids in a class and the teachers knew their kids. Now there are 35 and 40 kids a class. There is no way the administration can tell who's who; never mind what child could be a candidate for success in a shooting program.

At least with the BB's you can't get more than a bruise, even at point blank range.

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Sig P226
Sig 516 Patrol
Sig 716 Patrol
S&W M&P15
DMPS SASS
GSG 5
Savage Mark II FV
Uberti - 1860 Henry
Uberti - 1866 Yellowboy
Winchester 1894

Postby Taggure » Sat, 08 Mar 2014 08:57:52

The Prince William County 4-H has a similar program where they have a 3 shooting teams Air Rifle, Shotgun, and Archery. My son was a member of the rifle and archery team when he was in high school. They had a lot of fun and learned a lot. They would shoot at the PW county fairgrounds in one of the buildings during the winter and outdoors in the spring and summer. I think the program is still going on if anyone is interested you might contact the PW 4-H club.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Taggure
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Mother: Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?

Adult Ralphie: Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.

Ralphie: I want an offical Red Rider carbine action two hundred shot range model air rifle.

Postby Rualert » Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:10:31

These are pellet rifles, not BB, and from the article they are shooting in the precision discipline. These rifles generally start in the $1200.00 + range, and the sky is the limit. Good for them, and great for the school, and team to have accomplished this much success in such a short time. And a huge kudos to their coach.

Casey

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Rualert
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Casey

Return to General Discussion