Advanced Technology Intl Mossberg Akita ForendMossberg Akita Forend
Advanced Technology Intl
    Advanced Technology Intl Remington Akita ForendRemington Akita Forend
Advanced Technology Intl
    Advanced Technology Intl Mossberg Talon Tact Stk w/SRSMossberg Talon Tact Stk w/SRS
Advanced Technology Intl

Finding Bigfoot

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Finding Bigfoot

Postby dorminWS » Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:59:30

A recent episdoe of that National Geographic show featured some folks from Saltville, Va and environs; and at least one of the locations scouted based upon reported sightings of the legendary Bigfoot was on "High Knob" mountain. That's the mountain Norton, VA is nestled at the foot of. (Saltville is 30-40 miles southeast of High Knob, Norton is at its foot on the north side). In fact, a local hunter found a pile of doughnuts and apples a while back up on the Knob and is now wondering if he blundered through a Bigfoot stake-out instead of (as he thought at the time) a place where someone was trying to bait in a bear.

Anyway, the "Good Ole Boys" at Home Hardware in Norton have sort of become "Bigfoot Central". They've run out of T-shirts every day this week. If you decide you can't live without one of their 'Squatch T-shirts, feel free to call "Pickle" or "Big O" Craft at 276-679-2131. We don't call them the "Good Ole Boys" for nothing.

I also noticed during my visit they were displaying the Barack Obama commemorative plate someone gave them upside down. An oversight, no doubt. I liked it better when they had it out during the Christmas holidays. They had it full of Brazil nuts. :roll:
Attachments
unbamaS.jpg
The Good Ole Boys can sometimes send a message and say little.
woodboogerS.jpg
One of 2 or 3 Sasquatch T-shirts
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."
-Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Re: Finding Bigfoot

Postby joeshmo » Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:38:15

Finding Bigfoot... lol. "There is a squatch in these here woods." Funny how they always use generation -1 nightvision and mistake the sounds of the woods for a sqatch!! That show is a joke and should be on trutv not the animal planet

joeshmo
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: what

My Arsenal:
I'll never tell

Next Firearm:
red rider bb gun

Postby ratherfish » Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:40:33

Hope them boys is makin some money on the townies cause if there was a skunk ape, his head would be on the wall by now and the meat would be in the freezer....
There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Thy will be done.'
-C. S. Lewis

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
ratherfish
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Will do for now

Postby OakRidgeStars » Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:45:32

I found one for you... :hysterical:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Image @OakRidgeStars

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby dorminWS » Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:46:14

joeshmo wrote:Finding Bigfoot... lol. "There is a squatch in these here woods." Funny how they always use generation -1 nightvision and mistake the sounds of the woods for a sqatch!! That show is a joke and should be on trutv not the animal planet

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I agree that the show is idiocy feeding idiocy.

The "Good Ole Boys are just havin' a little fun with it; and all the folks around here know that. Pickle dressed up in a gorilla suit and sat out in front of the hardware store in a rocking chair one day this week with a sign on the sidewalk that said "BIGFOOT XING". He had 5 or 6 pretty young gals get out of their cars and climb in his lap. Ole Pickle ain't no fool.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."
-Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:

Postby joeshmo » Fri, 24 Feb 2012 18:09:02

Good for them!! Now all they need to do is figure where they are looking for the foot and do a little messing around with them.. Keep the tourist dollar rolling in :clap:

joeshmo
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: what

My Arsenal:
I'll never tell

Next Firearm:
red rider bb gun

Postby thekinetic » Fri, 24 Feb 2012 18:27:19

I saw bigfoot once he was on tv addressing the nation. Ba-dum tsh!

I think there would a nice market for bigfoot rounds though. :enlighten:
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
thekinetic
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jon

My Arsenal:
Error 404 Guns Not Found

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 27 Feb 2012 23:19:40

I look at it as "Three Stooges goes in the woods".

But it's HILARIOUS! " Yep! That's a squatch! I know! Because I have seen 'em! And they like Pringles! And Love! I love them!" :roll:

However, when something weird goes on, you feel a little better with a pistol at your hip.

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Postby thekinetic » Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:09:47

Bigfoot hunting party?
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
thekinetic
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jon

My Arsenal:
Error 404 Guns Not Found

Postby Palladin » Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:03:31

dorminWS wrote:
joeshmo wrote:Finding Bigfoot... lol. "There is a squatch in these here woods." Funny how they always use generation -1 nightvision and mistake the sounds of the woods for a sqatch!! That show is a joke and should be on trutv not the animal planet

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The "Good Ole Boys are just havin' a little fun with it; and all the folks around here know that. Pickle dressed up in a gorilla suit and sat out in front of the hardware store in a rocking chair one day this week with a sign on the sidewalk that said "BIGFOOT XING". He had 5 or 6 pretty young gals get out of their cars and climb in his lap. Ole Pickle ain't no fool.

Did the pretty girls get the woodbooger? Or did he take them up and show them High Knob?
:hysterical:
Now is the time for all good men to get off their rusty dustys...

Palladin
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Glen

My Arsenal:
Wrist Rocket and a pocket full of 00buck...

Postby MNMGoneShooting » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 09:13:24

my wife has big feet....

they are squatchy!
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Mike

My Arsenal:
In a near AWB world, I say:
- A pocket knife
- A Daisy BB gun
- A book of matches

Postby dorminWS » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:00:03

Palladin wrote:
dorminWS wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Did the pretty girls get the woodbooger? Or did he take them up and show them High Knob?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Like I said, Ole Pickle ain't no fool. Ain't too old, either, I'd guess.

Far as the High Knob goes, I've heard it said that massif (4,223 feet high, according to the books) is slowly dissapearing because for many generations, people been going up there and knocking off a little piece. Personally, I'm not too sure - - a lot of them come down with a silly grin on their faces, but I almost never see any of them carrying any rocks. :roll:
-Thomas Jefferson

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby Reverenddel » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:29:41

As to a "Squatch Huntin' Party"? Dunno about that... I kinda like have "mysteries" in my life. It's a nice "spice" to it.

Like Ghost, Demons, and haunted places.

(shrugs) Makes me sad for non-believers... you lose so much joy when your life is plain.

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby Palladin » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:09:53

@ dormin - I see what you did there... :hysterical:
Now is the time for all good men to get off their rusty dustys...

Palladin
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Glen

My Arsenal:
Wrist Rocket and a pocket full of 00buck...

Postby dorminWS » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:29:01

Palladin wrote:@ dormin - I see what you did there... :hysterical:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You like double double entendres, do you?
-Thomas Jefferson

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby dorminWS » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:40:33

Caught Pickle playing woodbooger agin out in front of the store. Not sure whether he was trying to sell more T-shirts or hoping for more pretty gals to stop and jump in his lap.
Attachments
bigfootS.jpg
Ole Pickle playing the Woodbooger
-Thomas Jefferson

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby ratherfish » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 12:02:18

So tell me.

Which one of us wouldn't return a "squatch call" if you heard it in the middle of the night in the woods? LOL

" I believe there's a squatch in these here woods"........
There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Thy will be done.'
-C. S. Lewis

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
ratherfish
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Will do for now

Return to General Discussion