Day of Remembrance

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Day of Remembrance

Postby MarcSpaz » Mon, 28 May 2018 03:21:40

Hey folks. I know we have some Gold Star families and Vets in our group. I just want to take a moment to say to all those who have lost a loved one, and to those who lost a Brother-in-Arms, you are in my prayers this day and everyday. I thank you for your strength and the courage of Your Hero.

All gave some, some gave all.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Re: Day of Remembrance

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 28 May 2018 03:45:51

In addition to echoing the sentiments expressed by Marc, I'd like to post a brief list of folks that I'll be remembering:

My great uncle, who died in an old farmhouse in France, when it was hit by mortar fire (I think). The house was acting as a hospital, and he was recovering from injuries sustained in battle. This was during WWII, so I'll be remembering that he existed, as opposed to remembering him.

My Grandfather, a WWII survivor, who returned home from the war, obtained the reigns to a tiny little airport in Richmond, boasting 2 small hangars and a single dirt runway, and turned it into an international hub. We lost him, a couple of years ago.

My Father-In-Law. He was drafted to serve in Vietnam. Instead of weaseling out of it, he answered the call. Assuming that he wouldn't make it back, he sold off everything that he owned, gave his money to his mother, and boarded the bus to bootcamp. The man believed he was going to die if he went, and went anyway. He made it back, raised a daughter, and we lost him to a fall out of a tree, right before I married his daughter.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Return to General Discussion