California Gun Laws Are a Failure

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

California Gun Laws Are a Failure

Postby AlanM » Thu, 08 Aug 2019 09:03:32

Well, Duh!

https://personalliberty.com/californias-background-check-law-had-no-impact-on-gun-deaths-johns-hopkins-study-finds/

A new academic study has found that, once again, gun laws are not having their desired effect.

A joint study conducted by researchers at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and the University of California at Davis Violence Prevention Research Program found that California’s much-touted mandated background checks had no impact on gun deaths, and researchers are puzzled as to why.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Re: California Gun Laws Are a Failure

Postby SHMIV » Fri, 09 Aug 2019 22:45:21

California laws, in general, are a failure, for the most part.

"Researchers are puzzled as to why"... I just envision a group of California academics sitting in a bong circle, saying amongst themselves, "Duuuuude... The plan was perfect... Why aren't they behaving in the way that we anticipated?"

What California does, wouldn't bother me so badly, except that other States observe the failures, and decide to try it for themselves. Or worse, the Federal Government observes the failures, and says, "Hey, I bet we can try that, and fail harder! Let's go for it!"

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

ads

Return to General Discussion