Are you a small online retailer or know one?

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Postby AlanM » Tue, 08 Oct 2019 09:27:48

Randy Cassingham the publisher of "This IS True" via email subscriptions also sells different, but related, items.
Due to new sales tax laws he can't sell his products in his home state of Colorado.
By federal law out of state retailers don't have to collect sales tax if their sales in a state are less than $100,000.

Here's Randy's blog of his situation: Colorado Screws Over Small Businesses like This is True

Is this happening in your state?
Do you know of anyone effected?

BTW - I'm a premium subscriber of This Is True. The weekly emails are worth it. Truth is definitely stranger than fiction in many cases.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Re: Are you a small online retailer or know one?

Postby AlanM » Sat, 12 Oct 2019 06:35:15

I'm reminded of Chief Justice John Marshall's comment during a USSC decision in 1819.
“The power to tax involves the power to destroy."

This is a fine, albeit small, example of that observation.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

ads

Return to General Discussion