Anyone wanna discuss the elephant in the room?

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Anyone wanna discuss the elephant in the room?

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 16 Oct 2017 08:03:08

Hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, volcanoes, fire, war, disease, pestilence (Pollution)....

Four Horsemen, and they starting to gallop.

Just sayin'. :tinfoil:

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Re: Anyone wanna discuss the elephant in the room?

Postby wittmeba » Mon, 16 Oct 2017 08:52:55

Purple Revolution? Deep State?
If all the laws worked, there would never be any crime.

I often take a very long windy road to my destination. When I arrive I often wonder how I missed the shortcut.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Postby MarcSpaz » Mon, 16 Oct 2017 13:21:12

I'm not worried about the natural stuff. First, regardless of what the Climate nuts think... we can't control it. Additionally, there are no more or less occurrences. There are simply more people on earth to feel the impact. So, it feels like its getting worse, when its really not.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 16 Oct 2017 19:18:07

Most people, when an elephant is in the room, like to pretend that it isn't there. They drape an ornate cloth over it, and place candlesicks on it's back, in effort to disguise its presence. I, on the other hand, find it amusing to acknowledge the existence of the animal. Shine a big ol' spot light on it.

TBH has been paying attention to the natural events. She has an interest in Revelations, the Second Coming, End Times, fulfillment of Prophecy, and all that. Apparently, some of the recent events have actually been unique, and do fulfill a Prophecy. Something about a blood moon, and the recent equinox was different. I haven't been paying attention, myself, so I can't say specifically what it all was.

I do recall reading that "the people will cry 'Peace! Peace!', but there will be no peace." And, "What is wrong shall be considered right, and what is right shall be considered wrong."

My Father has pointed out that one could make a case for the Second Coming being right around the corner, since the day of the Resurrection. The idea is to be prepared for that moment, at all times.

It also occurs to me that 1) Jesus did say that even He did not know when He would return, and 2) God has a different sense of time, than we do. This makes sense; His time spent has been infinite, and his time left is infinite. Consider how long 5 minutes felt to you when you were 5, and how brief a moment it is, now. So, even with Biblical Prophecy being fulfilled, it could be another 100, 200, or 300 years. Or, it could be in 5 minutes. We don't know.

I do, mostly, agree with Marcs assessment. Any impact that we have over the climate is negligible. (Bill Whittle did a presentation on that topic, in response to Bill Nye, a few months ago) And, yes, more people feeling the impact, along with the speed of reporting, and the climate-change slant of the news sources, all serve to make things seem more dire than they are.

I find myself in agreement with my Father. Take these things to be a daily reminder to get right, and stay right, with God and Jesus. Live how you are supposed to live. Be an example to others.

If you're doing as you are supposed to be doing, then it won't really matter, anyway.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 17 Oct 2017 13:08:00

Agreed. What gets on my nerves are the complete deniers... they won't accept a coming storm.

Of course, they're the ones that fit the "grasshopper" mold to those of us who are "ants"

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby SHMIV » Tue, 17 Oct 2017 20:30:35

Oh, yeah. There's a coming storm, alright. Regardless of ones personal beliefs, the debate, or discussion, really is less whether or not it's coming, and more how big is it going to be.

If one is a Christian, I suppose that the question could be, "Is the next storm the big one, of Biblical proportions, or will it be merely a small thunderstorm, by comparison?"

As I said, though, I don't dwell on it. It's interesting to take note of things, partially to check off the prophecy fulfilled, and also as a reminder.

The danger in convincing oneself that the Second Coming is going to happen, like, any minute, now, is that it's easy to just stop. It's easy to look at the world around us, and say, "Well, so be it. Jesus will be here in a minute, and this will all be over, anyway."

Indeed, how many have stopped fighting, already, because they've given in to that line of thinking?

We don't know when Jesus is coming, and the country is going downhill, in the meantime.

I personally believe that the preservation of our country is synonymous with doing the Lord's Work. American Ideals fall in line with Biblical ones, and provide the greatest atmosphere for the exercise of Free Will.

That may be another reason that no ETA was given; so that we continue to fight, until the moment of His return.

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby Roverhound » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 05:58:35

This elephant?

Roverhound
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Walter

My Arsenal:
Is at the bottom of a lake...

Postby skeeterss0 » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 08:19:49

Ganesh!!!
USMC 1981-2001 Semper Fi

US Constitution
Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
skeeterss0
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Scott

My Arsenal:
working on it

Next Firearm:
not sure, revolver or 20 gauge shotty

Postby SHMIV » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 20:39:23

You know, if that elephant had a second face, and all of those hands were depicted as being in someone else's pocket, that would be a fairly accurate depiction of the current state of the modern Republican party.

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby Reverenddel » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 21:47:54

SHMIV, now that is a damned fact!

Never seen so much two-facin' in my life as the politicians we have today!

Hell! They ain't even waiting to GET INTO OFFICE before switching sides!

#GillespieOnBumpStocks

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby SHMIV » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 23:31:15

Oh yeah; they've shown their true colors, this year. The establishment Republicans have removed any doubt that they are actually Democrats.

Now, I hope that enough have noticed, and some of these guys can get primaried out.

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby thekinetic » Sat, 21 Oct 2017 20:44:23

You know the one thing that has always been true with prophecies, they have always been wrong. Ancient religions had them too, saying the world will end this time or that time and yet here we are. I think that it is not the end of the world but the end of the world that was. New ages come and the old leave in fire.

The fools cry global warming, but I say nay for we live under a pulsar reaching it's zenith so of course it will be hotter. Plus if nature really wanted us dead, we would be so. However I can see that time coming, with our reckless growth in human population. Any hunter will tell you what happens to a deer herd when their population becomes greater than it can support, they die. Famine, plague, fighting pick your poison because this will be our fate, this will be our end. And even if we survive the sun cannot live forever, eventually it too shall die.

Our hope is that we find a way to leave this planet behind. Our greatest gift, the very thing that could save us, is that which these fools have cast aside. Our minds are our greatest shield and sword, so giving in to ignorance and want will be our undoing but only time shall tell.
'Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realise that you have no right to let them live!'
-In Exterminatus Extremis

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
thekinetic
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jon

My Arsenal:
Error 404 Guns Not Found

ads

Return to General Discussion