Any one else just cannot get rid of anything?

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Any one else just cannot get rid of anything?

Postby Reverenddel » Sat, 09 Feb 2019 17:19:35

I swear, when Pop, and Aunt Peg passed, I had a PLETHORA of guns I was dumping/selling/trading left and right.

3 years later, everytime I think I'm gonna get rid of something, I shoot it, clean it, and say "maybe later".

Anyone else like this? And what's your "Best-worst gun"?

Mine is a Springfield Armory Tactical XD .45 ACP, 5" bbl, and manual safety. Damn mag rattle in the mag well so bad? i have tape on them... but the lil' POS jus' shoots and hits EVERYTHING I throw down the barrel, whereever I aim...

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Re: Any one else just cannot get rid of anything?

Postby Snakester » Sun, 14 Apr 2019 18:04:01

:pistol: I hear you Rev, I've been there. I use to sell and trade all the time . Then I went through quite a time when I never got rid of anything. I have been trading a few lately , most just old shotguns and cheap revolvers. I have sold or traded a few that I kinda regret but , I guess I will get over it. My biggest issue is I can't stop buying , Guns ( 3 this year so far ) and AMMO. I really don't need anymore , just buy it all the time. It's pretty fun so I will continue to do it . :pistol:

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Snakester
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Randy

My Arsenal:
I don't own any FireArms...Just here for "The Bonding"

Next Firearm:
No Plans to Purchase at this time!

Postby Mindflayer » Sun, 14 Apr 2019 23:00:22

Same, but I am gritting my teeth, and gonna do it. Got too much in the safe. P938 Nightmare, and S&W Shield gotta go. The XDM 45 is out. Wait, maybe not the XDM. OK, I am keeping the XDM, but the first two gotta go, along with the Ruger SR22P and the Rossi. No. wait, gonna keep the Rossi, but then that means that Ruger's gotta go.

I think.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Mindflayer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Patrick

Next Firearm:
Is it free?

Postby M1A4ME » Thu, 18 Apr 2019 07:37:20

Reverenddel, I bought one of those 5" Tacticals in .45 acp with the thumb safeties a few months back. Been carrying it (open carry only on my property) all winter in a leg drop holster. 100% function so far. Shoots better groups than my M&P .40 or the, doggone it, can't remember the other pistol I took to the range that day. Anyway, only reason I bought it was the thumb safeties. Makes manual of arms identical to my other carry/range pistols.

Even though the Glock, XDM and M&P pistols don't shoot with the CZ pistols I kept them anyway. Someday me or one of the kids, or the kid's kids, might need a pistol and some magazines.

M1A4ME
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby speezack » Thu, 18 Apr 2019 08:52:17

Looking back over the years of collecting, shooting... etc... etc....

I can honestly say... I have never sold or given a gun to a family member that I did not feel bad about it immediately.... I have always had second thoughts... no matter the reason, the price, the bottom line... even the cheapies I have... never felt good about getting rid of any of my "stuff"

So now... at my present age... 75... I keep it all... when they throw my ashes to the wind... they can do what they want with whatever is found in my gun safe... but till then............ it'll stay there... to be shot, fondled, smelled, looked at... licked or whatever I want... but they won't leave my possession.... nope.... nadda....

I also believe, there will come a day... maybe not soon, but it's coming... when guns will be outlawed and those of us that still have them will be in the same boat.... :clapping: :iwojima:
Bill Marx, Sr.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
"Will Rogers"

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
speezack
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
... can you ever have enough????

Next Firearm:
always wanted..... M1918A2 BAR, for varmits and such...

Postby Jon » Fri, 19 Apr 2019 22:39:50

Never had any second thought about guns I have gotten rid of.

But I dont and have never owned collectable type guns.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Jon
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jonathan

Postby SHMIV » Sat, 20 Apr 2019 02:03:01

Never much been into selling guns. Though, I did trade one to a close friend, when he found himself having to go to Richmond, a few times a week. His budget didn't really allow for buying anything, so we worked something out. I also lent one out to my parents, until they found what they wanted. But, that's it. I like to keep stuff, and selling anything is a nuisance.

On a side note, I'm almost ALWAYS in the market for most firearms under $500. Especially revolvers. I've also discovered that I have an affinity for Zamak, "Ring of Fire" pistols (Raven, Jimenez, etc.)

"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

ads

Return to General Discussion