9MM 1000 yard shot

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

9MM 1000 yard shot

Postby wittmeba » Mon, 13 May 2019 20:11:28

Don't know if anyone has seen this but it is pretty impressive.

9MM 1000 yards 2nd shot pops a balloon. No bench standing 2 hand hold.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/elderly-m ... 99219.html
A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.
Make America Great Again
M-A-G-A

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Re: 9MM 1000 yard shot

Postby AlanM » Tue, 14 May 2019 05:15:12

Since he's 7 years younger than me, I don't consider Jerry Miculek to be elderly.

If you want to see some amazing videos Google him and click videos.

If you get into an argument with an anti-gunner about "high capacity" magazines or guns with a high rate of fire you REALLY don't want to show them what he can do with a revolver.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Postby Jon » Mon, 27 May 2019 20:16:45

I love Jerry and he is a master with most guns but that was a luck shot no two ways about it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Jon
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jonathan

Postby MarcSpaz » Sun, 02 Jun 2019 18:19:59

Video won't play for me, but based on you mentioning Jerry M., this was from August of 2015, IIRC. Was a pretty amazing shot. Pretty sure he said he aimed 70 or 80 yards above the target to hit it.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby AlanM » Tue, 04 Jun 2019 07:47:07

MarcSpaz wrote:Video won't play for me, but based on you mentioning Jerry M., this was from August of 2015, IIRC. Was a pretty amazing shot. Pretty sure he said he aimed 70 or 80 yards above the target to hit it.

It's not the fact that he had to aim that high is impressive.
It's that he knew how much and hit the target on the second shot.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Postby wittmeba » Tue, 04 Jun 2019 18:57:56

Sorry about the video not playing. It must be some new format -- labeled as JW Player 8.5.5. See if this works for you:

Whats funny is it took so long for the shot and his partner sighting to acknowledge the balloon popped he was almost ready to shoot again. And in the drive I think he needs a rest stop and filling station :)
A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.
Make America Great Again
M-A-G-A

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Return to General Discussion