How many firearms in US?

How many firearms in US?

Postby kelu » Tue, 25 Oct 2016 19:15:19

Gee... I did not expected to be so many, but it makes sense.
What If I Told You That There Were 600 MILLION Guns In The United States?

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/10/25 ... ed-states/
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Re: How many firearms in US?

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 25 Oct 2016 21:47:23

I'm thinking those numbers are too low still... from their numbers 1 in 3 adults owns 6.7 firearms PER THEIR SYSTEMS AVERAGES!

We're leaving out firearms PRE-ATF systems, "souvenirs", and weapons unaccounted by standards. When I worked in a gunstore, I remember one ATF guy (who was actually a nice guy) He told me "If a gun leaves the system for 15-20 years? We flat out cannot track it to a store. We have to go the manufacturer, and depending on the records? They may not have the info if they're outta business."

I'm seriously thinking even with broken/destroyed weapons? We're closer to 700 to 800 million firearms.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Postby jdonovan » Wed, 26 Oct 2016 11:16:59

from 1999-sept 2016, there were just about 245 million NICS checks. Not all of those are transfers, and not all of them are single item transfers.

i'm much more inclined to believe the 500million number, and I'm not sure I believe the 1:3 number either due to lots of lying when people are polled about being gun owners.

jdonovan
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby Reverenddel » Thu, 27 Oct 2016 12:16:14

"I'm not sure I believe the 1:3 number either due to lots of lying when people are polled about being gun owners."

That's True! According to polls I'm a Gay, Anti-gunner who is voting for Hillary. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Return to Firearms