Current favorite firearm to shoot?

Re: Current favorite firearm to shoot?

Postby Monkey » Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:24:56

One of these, mounted at the rear of my place of employment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjYpjLnn3rU

Of the ones that I own, so far it's a tie between the XM-15 E2S and the 10/22 Takedown...

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Monkey
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: J

My Arsenal:
Redacted

Next Firearm:
Whatever stray follows me home...

Postby cwfunrider » Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:48:59

I probably enjoy my Glock 19 more than any others. The 10-22 I built is stupid accurate and fun to though.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
cwfunrider
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Chris

My Arsenal:
Who?
What?
I don't Understand?

Next Firearm:
That one.....

Postby Chasbo00 » Fri, 16 Aug 2013 18:38:01

Lately, it has been this .22 LR pistol:

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-kadet/
Competition is one of the "great levelers" of ego.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Chasbo00
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Charlie

Postby Mindflayer » Sun, 11 May 2014 18:14:54

I bought a second .17 HMR rifle a while ago, and it may now be my favorite:

I am also loving my .22 LR, along with the SR22 pistol. Just seem to be in a rimfire mood when it comes to fun shooting lately.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Mindflayer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Patrick

Next Firearm:
Is it free?

Postby Fiddler1537 » Sun, 11 May 2014 20:53:48

I love my 1911's but my favorite now is my Wilson Spec ops 9

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Fiddler1537
On Target
On Target

Postby bryanrheem » Sun, 11 May 2014 21:24:18

Definitely my Cohaire mp5k clone. I think i've gone through 1k rounds in just a couple of range trips!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
bryanrheem
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Bryan

My Arsenal:
just keeps growing....

Postby M1A4ME » Mon, 12 May 2014 06:14:12

My new handgun is a CZ P07 in .40 S&W. It outshoots (by far) my Glock, both my M&Ps and one of my XDMs. The other XDM shoots pretty good, but not as good as that P07.

I was beginning to believe that plastic frames equaled larger groups as compared to my 1911's. Now I know at least once plastic framed handgun out there will give me the handling and accuracy I want. So far its been reliable, but with only a couple hundred rounds through it I'm still shooting it to make sure its going to be reliable.

The XDMs have been flawless in their reliability. The Glock has had only one failure to properly eject (stove pipe of the fired brass hung up in the ejection port and stopped the next round from feeding). The M&Ps have had multiple failures to fire (I may have gotten a handle on that now, but I'll have to shoot them a lot more to make sure - and examine them when I clean them to make sure they aren't wearing back into the failure mode).

I plan on getting another CZ later in the summer. A P09 in 9MM.

M1A4ME
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby Mindflayer » Mon, 12 May 2014 11:53:18

M1A4ME - have you tried the Springer Precision trigger in the XDM and/or the APEX in the M&Ps? Make a world of difference. I had the trigger replaced and night sights put on an XDM by the Springfield Custom Armory.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Mindflayer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Next Firearm:
Is it free?

Postby M1A4ME » Mon, 12 May 2014 17:32:03

I put an APEX kit in my 9MM M&P after its initial failure to fire problems.

It had a pretty decent trigger (lighter, but not as crisp as the P07). Worked pretty good for a few months and then started into a different failure to fire problem. It was blamed on primers (brand and improper seating) and striker spring strength and dirty striker/channel, etc. It ended up (most likely) being the APEX sear. I switched the APEX sear to the .357 SIG M&P and suddenly is started getting the failure to reset the striker issues and the 9MM began working just fine.

I took the APEX sear out and it was rounded off on the top corner/edge where the dogleg on the striker contacts it when the slide goes forward. I stoned the back side of the sear flat (just enough to remove the rounded section) and the last range trip it worked fine. It'll take a few more range trips to rebuild my confidence in the M&P (confidence that the rounded off sear was the issue and not something else).

The CZ has a better trigger out of the box than the Glock, XDM or M&P guns (no extra money spent).

Try one.

M1A4ME
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby Mindflayer » Tue, 13 May 2014 15:22:37

CZs are sweet guns. I have not had the chance to fire their polymer stuff... and not sure I should, cuz last thing I need is temptation. :)

Mindflayer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Next Firearm:
Is it free?

Postby Dooga » Thu, 24 Jul 2014 00:27:56

I regret selling my 75b but if I get another one it'll be a CZ Custom.

Dooga
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Gen 1 G17, Seecamp LWS32, CZ 452 Special Military Training

Next Firearm:
H&K P7

Postby Wolvee » Thu, 24 Jul 2014 00:31:25

I'm on the fence, it's either my UMP conversion or my Hk45. I'm not really a .45 guy, I carry a 9mm P30L and a 2000SK every day but since buying my first Hk45, I can't get enough of it. :clap:
Le prixs'oublie, la qualité reste

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Wolvee
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Wolvee

My Arsenal:
German stuff

Postby MarcSpaz » Thu, 24 Jul 2014 04:43:13

I can't pick a favorite. They are like my kids; they are great and I love them all equally, but at some point they all manage to do something that makes me upset. LOL

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby M1A4ME » Thu, 24 Jul 2014 05:21:08

M1A4ME wrote:SIG 556R (7.62X39 version of the SIG 556).

S&W M&P 9MM with an APEX sear kit to make the trigger bareable.

Still carrying the SIG rifle. No change there.

However continuing reliability issues with the M&Ps (9MM failures to fire even with the APEX stuff in it and the .357 SIG FS gun key holes about half the rounds shot through it at 12 yds. - Glock doesn't keyhole with the same ammo) has led me to a CZ P07 in .40 S&W that operates like a 1911 (mostly) and is more accurate than any of my Glocks/XDMs/M&Ps. I carry it just about everywhere. It impressed me so much I just bought a CZ P09 9mm to see if the trend in feel, reliability and accuracy are as good as the P07.

M1A4ME
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby Dooga » Sun, 12 Oct 2014 20:14:20

How did the P09 hold up?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dooga
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Gen 1 G17, Seecamp LWS32, CZ 452 Special Military Training

Next Firearm:
H&K P7

Postby M1A4ME » Mon, 13 Oct 2014 07:14:45

I've only shot the P09 one time. It fed/fired everything. I loaded/fired 115 grain HPs, 115 grain FMJ, 124 HPs, 147 HPs, 147 LTC. The 115 HPs gave me the best groups.

I've got a batch of reloads (115 HPs, 124 HPs and 147 HPs) to find a good carry load for it. Oh, also loaded up some 147 grain lead bullets with the "high tech" coating on them.

I really do need to get to the range. Also need to try out the AR with the TAC powder and the M1 Garand with the same powder. I'm getting to the point where I'm just tired of weighing powder charges when using the IMR powders I've used so many years. I hear good things about TAC, so I bought a pound to try out. If I get good results, I'll get a bigger container and start loading up.

M1A4ME
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby karmassassin » Sat, 15 Nov 2014 22:39:23

My FN A3 SPR in 7.62 is the winner. Hundred yard penny shoots are always fun :thumbsup:

karmassassin
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Karma

Postby cwfunrider » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 13:13:46

Glock 34 at the moment. Thing runs like a sewing machine

cwfunrider
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Who?
What?
I don't Understand?

Next Firearm:
That one.....

Postby jmax » Sun, 24 May 2015 14:52:56

I just got a Walther/Colt 1911/22LR, did a trigger job to get it down to <3#, put on some nice wood stocks and off to the range with 10 different kinds of ammo including 5 boxes of SV and 5 boxes of HV. No hiccups but the SV dropped the brass not far from my feet and cycling was a bit slow. All of the HV had great functioning and all were accurate. Got home and bore was clean ans shinny.
I am a 1911 fan big time and I absolutely love this rendition of a 22.
And yes I have had various Rugers MKs including a 22/45, Hi Standard Supermatic Trophy when I shot bullesye and a Hammerlli 280 when I shot standard pistol.
For accuracy a Marvel top end replaced the Hammerlli and the Walther displaces the others.
Absolutely fun to shoot and more mags are on the way from Midway, 12 rounders to boot.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiasts (ICORE) Member   Virginia Gun Collectors Association (VGCA) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
jmax
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: John

Postby Metalingus » Fri, 24 Jul 2015 11:49:36

Good question with an easy answer. My M1 Garand. Heavy. Expensive ammo. Pain in the but to load clips. Teeny 8 round capability. Chasing flying clips. Iron sights. Who cares. All eyes on the prize when that thing comes out of its case. Everyone wants a chance to shoot just to get a feel. Good horizontal recoil(I did say heavy gun). Fun to reload and just shoot shoot shoot. Too bad I'm wasting big 30.06 rounds on hapless paper instead of cutting down trees.

Metalingus
On Target
On Target

First Name: Randy

PreviousNext

ads

Return to Firearms