Mosin Accurizing Kit... Thoughts?

Discussion about Curios and Relics and the special rules that apply to ownership and sale of these firearms.

Mosin Accurizing Kit... Thoughts?

Postby SmithSights » Sat, 11 May 2013 15:27:31

This is a basic accurizing kit for the Mosin-Nagant.

This is the first basic accurizing kit and will work for the majority of the Russian and Chinese Mosin-Nagant rifles and carbines out there.

Included:

•1 front and 1 rear shim. These are thick and eliminate random pressure points in the stock bedding.

•1 recoil lug shim. This keeps your Mosin's action tight against the recoil lug in its stock, providing repeatability shot-to-shot. An added benefit is that the screws don't absorb the recoil and so stay tight.

•One barrel pressure pad. Taming barrel harmonics is essential to precision and accuracy.

•Instructions are included.

The tang shim is smaller than is usually seen, and the shims that should be steel, are, with the recoil lug shim being brass.

The pressure point is thin, oiled gasket stock, but I may change this to slightly thicker cork gasket. The fiber gasket just holds oil better and should work for the majority of people.

What do you think?

Regards,

Josh

SmithSights
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Josh

Re: Mosin Accurizing Kit... Thoughts?

Postby Purdune » Sun, 12 May 2013 12:57:45

Hum, seems a bit much.

I've done these two things and have made a noticeable difference.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170904528205?ss ... 1497.l2649

I've seen people on Youtube that have used springs from food bag clips and such.

This wasn't as bad as I thought. I used a stone grinder, top flat end, to get the major metal off then moved to a hand file. Finally some metal polish. Again this is just for the trigger but knowing that millimeter between shot and no shot is a lot.

This is the next thing I'd like to do and seems like it duplicates what they are doing with shims. I think this way would provide a much better fit.

The other big thing you can do to create accuracy without modifying your Nagant is the bayonet.

I've tried this at 100 yards and it does fire better with the bayonet.

Just my thoughts!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Purdune
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Joseph

My Arsenal:
I'm sorry can you restate the question please?

Return to Curios and Relics