Mauser K98 Information

Discussion about Curios and Relics and the special rules that apply to ownership and sale of these firearms.

Mauser K98 Information

Postby Doyle » Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:21:30

One of my hobbies is collecting and returning WW2 firearms to their war time configuration. I recently purchased a Mauser K98. Right now I am having a lot of difficulty in finding a website or information that brings K98 information together, Anyone out there an expert in K98s and willing to share information? Any resources of information are gladly welcomed. Oh, before you recommend a stack of Mauser books I need to get.....please....I have been out of work now for close to a year so additions to the library will not be happening. Thanks.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
Doyle
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Doyle

Re: Mauser K98 Information

Postby wpoppert » Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:37:29

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wpoppert
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: William

My Arsenal:
An increasingly bad attitude

Postby Doyle » Fri, 18 Jan 2013 17:26:58

Thanks for the reply wpoppert. I have K98kforum and mausercentral already bookmarked but mauserguns is a new one that I will check out. So far it is a bit frustrating all I am trying to do is put a 1942 Oberndorf back into its correct configuration. Assuming it is not already that way. But have not been able to isolate what a correct 1942 Oberndorf really is. I will keep at it. It is a labor of love. Thanks again.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
Doyle
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Doyle

Postby tacdriver » Wed, 13 Feb 2013 20:48:24

Here is a good site with some helpful information, just click and navigate, if you click on WW2 Mauser page, it's broken out by number-letter code per manufacturing firm... just click on which one pertains to what you have and you should be good to go, here's the link

http://www.ycgg.org/articles_index.htm

I too collect and have allot of books, if I can be of assistance please let me know

-Mike

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
tacdriver
On Target
On Target

My Arsenal:
I love them all

Return to Curios and Relics