Comparing, AKs, ARs, and Mosins

Discussion about Curios and Relics and the special rules that apply to ownership and sale of these firearms.

Comparing, AKs, ARs, and Mosins

Postby Greybeard » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:32:44

Written by Head of the old Headsbunker.com, also known as "Ezra Coli" on the various message boards.
There's an ever present, unending debate over which is best, ARs or AKs, raging across the internet and in gun shops every day sending bile and bitter insults spewing both ways. This debate has turned fathers against sons, best friends against one another, and........well you get the point. The author is of the opinion that there are of course pros and cons to each family of rifle, and I refuse to engage in what is "best". As one who loves them all, especially the AK and AR series, I thought I'd pass on some of the knowledge I have gained over the years concerning these wildly different weapons. As a bonus, I'll toss in my knowledge of another favorite family of weapons at the Bunker, just because they are very popular these days and I often ramble about them. So, here, for the aid of those hammering one another in the debate, is some unbiased, non-slanted, untainted raw knowledge about the AK, the AR, and the Mosin Nagant.

http://mouseguns.com/compare.htm
Karl
Years ago it was suggested that, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." But since all the doctors are now Muslim, I've found that a bacon sandwich works great!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Greybeard
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Karl

My Arsenal:
Partial to Swiss rifles and EG and Russky Makarovs.

Re: Comparing, AKs, ARs, and Mosins

Postby GeneFrenkle » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:10:09

I thought R Lee Ermey pretty much summed it up here
lol

What, no Mini-14/30 love?
And if Bruce Dickinson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell!

GeneFrenkle
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby scrubber3 » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 00:38:24

It's okay, the SCAR trumps them all.

Trust me, I've had all of them. I still have the SCARs 16 and 17. Of course they aren't cheap, but as far as performance and reliability goes, even the best ARs and AKs must give up the reigns.

Also, I do still have my Mosin. Two reasons:

1: it is a great rifle

2: it's not worth selling. I mean... What will I honestly get for it?
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
scrubber3
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: JW

My Arsenal:
SCAR-H, Glock 30, Glock 19, Glock 26, Mosin Nagant, LRB AR decked out.
Colts & Kimbers are what you show your friends.
Glocks are what you show your enemies.

Next Firearm:
MG 42

Postby GeneFrenkle » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 07:02:18

As they say in Pawn Stars, "The best I can do is $2.50 for the Mosin..."
And if Bruce Dickinson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell!

GeneFrenkle
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Free Shipping on All Power Tools!

Return to Curios and Relics