.43 Beaumont ammo

Discussion about Curios and Relics and the special rules that apply to ownership and sale of these firearms.

.43 Beaumont ammo

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 13 Jul 2015 14:32:08

I had 20 rounds which cost me a small fortune about 10 years ago. Now? Cannot find ammo whatsoever without taking out a loan.

There are PLENTY of the M1871/1888 Beaumont Viteli rifles online for sale, and just around the place. Would it be asking alot for a manufacturer of "Cowboy Action Match" loads to do a load of these once a month?

I ain't expecting to pay $20 bucks, i know they're expensive, but $200 for 20 rounds?!? Yeah, no. Might be time to dump the gun, and the empty shells if I can find them.

But am I asking alot with the once-a-month run on shells?

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Re: .43 Beaumont ammo

Postby Snakester » Fri, 17 Jul 2015 07:41:55

Don't know much about these but , I have a friend that has a few "ODD" Military Rifles. I think his is Dutch made or maybe Belgium .... Not really sure. I do remember it was pretty loud and he only had about 25 rds. of ammo for it. He purchased it from an estate sale with the ammo for about $250 . I think he did buy some ammo at Dance's several times and said it was quite expensive.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Snakester
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Randy

My Arsenal:
I don't own any FireArms...Just here for "The Bonding"

Next Firearm:
No Plans to Purchase at this time!

Re: .43 Beaumont ammo

Postby Reverenddel » Fri, 17 Jul 2015 09:43:14

I APPRECIATE THE IDEA OF DANCE'S! I'm right up the street from them! I will have them check on some ammo for me.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Return to Curios and Relics