Anybody know anything about this?

Discussion about Curios and Relics and the special rules that apply to ownership and sale of these firearms.

Anybody know anything about this?

Postby dorminWS » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:38:17

Ran across this kit that makes two Ruger 10/22s into a two-barrel "gatling gun" with a crankfire arrangement. Looks like it would be quite a toy. I understand this contraption would be legal. But it's still just a .22 when it's all said and done; and nobody's got 2 Ruger 10/22s to sell right now anyway.

http://www.tacticalinc.com/gatling-gun-kit-p-571.html

And there's some scanty information around on the net about people who have done the same thing with 2 AK-47s or with 2 M-1 carbines.

What I want to know is, has anybody got a kit or plans to do the same trick with 2 AR-15s? THAT, with a couple of 60 or 100-round mags would be a real hoot! A feller could sell his bush hog. :clap:
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Re: Anybody know anything about this?

Postby Snakester » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:45:47

I saw one a couple years ago at a Gun Show in Rock Hill S.C. Didn't get to see it in action , but was impressed on the quality and detail . Had a price tag of $1,299 and a waiting period of 90 days.From what I assumed this Dealer was buying the Gun and completing with barrels and Mags. Very Cool item thought ! These day's I can't feed anymore .22 firearms !

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Snakester
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Randy

My Arsenal:
I don't own any FireArms...Just here for "The Bonding"

Next Firearm:
No Plans to Purchase at this time!

Postby dorminWS » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:43:11

Snakester wrote:I saw one a couple years ago at a Gun Show in Rock Hill S.C. Didn't get to see it in action , but was impressed on the quality and detail . Had a price tag of $1,299 and a waiting period of 90 days.From what I assumed this Dealer was buying the Gun and completing with barrels and Mags. Very Cool item thought ! These day's I can't feed anymore .22 firearms !

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well, these days, I reckon $1,300 wouldn't be outrageously out of line figuring $350-$400 each for 2 10/22s and $400 for the gatling gun kit.

I seldom shoot .22LR anymore. And for some reason, in my mind, .22LR brings to mind sedately plinking and taking my time. But I'm pretty sure I'd get a kick out of cranking that .22LR gatling gun dry in a few turns and watching targets turn to tatters. Truth is, when I buy an extreme toy these days, I get more kick out of making it available to the sons and grandson and other youngsters. It may be a form of old-age security. I'm planting the idea that I may be a mean, cussed, crazy old fart, but I've got a lot of neat toys so it ain't too painful to stop by and check on me occasionally so I might leave some of my toys to them when I die.

But if I were going to mess with such a toy, I'd really rather do it with a couple of AR-15s. That's why I'd like to find out if there is a kit or plans available to do that.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:

Postby Snakester » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:53:48

An AR15 Gatlin Gun would be very high on my list of Fun and Cool things to own...I'd like to have one and mount it on my 1969 Mini's Roof . So when the SHTF I'd be the only Road Warrior getting 48 mpg.
Attachments
005.JPG
005.JPG (42.92 KiB) Viewed 2283 times

Snakester
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby ShotgunBlast » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 14:30:25

Snakester wrote:An AR15 Gatlin Gun would be very high on my list of Fun and Cool things to own...I'd like to have one and mount it on my 1969 Mini's Roof . So when the SHTF I'd be the only Road Warrior getting 48 mpg.

Now THAT'S funny! :hysterical: :hysterical:

ShotgunBlast
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Michael

Postby dorminWS » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 14:43:59

'Course, the ante would go up some with AR-15s. I note that Stag Arms actually makes a LEFT-HANDED AR-15 for around $970, and a right-handed one for just a few bucks less. Using one of each would solve lots of potential problems with clearances when you mount them cheek-by-jowl. So that's around $2 Grand. Then there's the crank-fire mechanism. I'd guess somewhere between the $400 that the .22LR version cost and as much as twice that. May have to make it. So, my initial CWAG would be - what - $3 Grand? Have I ever blown $3 Grand chasing a good time before? Well - - I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it may tend to incriminate me. :whistle:

I sho' nuff do like that idea. Damfidon't.

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby Snakester » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:02:57

Maybe we could sell the idea to our Gov't ....In a couple of years I know some would show up at DGSC Surplus Auction and we could buy them for pennies on the dollar ! :tommygun:

Snakester
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby OakRidgeStars » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:22:00

Snakester wrote:An AR15 Gatlin Gun would be very high on my list of Fun and Cool things to own...I'd like to have one and mount it on my 1969 Mini's Roof . So when the SHTF I'd be the only Road Warrior getting 48 mpg.

You'll need to upgrade to the armored-up version first. It only gets 10mpg :roll:

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 05 Aug 2013 09:31:10

As to Dorm's idea for a Left, and right AR mounted together, you'd have to go with the 100 round mags for each, and you could machine a crank so a full rotation pops every other one, or both barrels.

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Return to Curios and Relics