Leupold QR Weaver Rings 1" Med. SilverQR Weaver Rings 1" Med. Silver
Leupold
    Leupold Standard 2-Pc Base-Black Matte 70RVF/RStandard 2-Pc Base-Black Matte 70RVF/R
Leupold
    Leupold Gunmakers Base- DovetailGunmakers Base- Dovetail
Leupold

Where did you carry today? V1.0

Open Carry and Concealed Carry. Where did you carry today?

Re: Where did you carry today? V1.0

Postby Jamie » Sat, 26 May 2012 00:26:59

Had a good experience tonight. Carried my SR9 while the wife was getting an MRI, and one of the office workers -- a black guy of around 30 y.o. -- noticed and asked "What are you rocking there?" Turned out he carried a Taurus Millenium in .40 (but not at the office) but was a fan of Ruger's .45 that a friend of his had purchased. Good conversation in the middle of the waiting room and no one freaked out.

Jamie
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jamie

Next Firearm:
deer rifle

Postby VBshooter » Sun, 27 May 2012 16:02:01

WalMart, Laundromat and Rite Aid in Sulphur ,LA... Working a Nuke fabrication job and LA honors our permits here.........No open carriers seen yet although it is a traditional OC state, Being an put of towner I am palying it cool, No sense upsetting the local constabulary with my brash out of state ways
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Spence

Next Firearm:
H&K Sig or an AK47/74

Postby DrowningInk » Mon, 28 May 2012 09:57:19

I carry my Poly Defender Judge everyday pretty much anywhere, walmart, resturants, gas stations etc. no holster yet just drop it in my pocket it and never had any problems.
Drowning Ink Customs, specialize in Duracoat refinishes and Hydrographic Printing.

Tyler
Chris

http://www.drowninginkcustoms.com/
http://www.facebook.com/drowninginkcustoms

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
DrowningInk
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Tyler

My Arsenal:
Ruger Mini-14, Kimber Stainless TEN II 1911, Taurus Poly Defender Judge, XD-45

Next Firearm:
Barrett .50

Postby pfries » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:47:43

Sunday went out to Wytheville met with family to pick up my daughter at the McDonalds at I-81 Exit 80 Fort Chiswell went in and had a bite no issues. Stopped at Huddle House on the North side of Abingdon as my daughter decided she was hungry. Great conversation with staff and patrons alike, my daughter has decided she has a new favorite place to eat

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy  
pfries
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

First Name: Pat

Postby ZachRU » Thu, 09 Aug 2012 02:15:23

I open carry a Glock 30 in a serpa paddle holster. It's a .45 and holds 10+1 or 13+1 when I feel like using an extended mag. Today I went to chipotle in fairfax and then walked around Fair Oaks Mall for about an hour. Besides the normal stares, a Macy's employee asked "If I was a cop or something". I told him nope I just carry because cops can't be everywhere and it has to be showing since I'm not old enough to get a CHP. Then we had a conversation about how he went shooting for the first time a few weeks ago and how he liked it. It was a pretty cool/positive encounter. In fact everything I've carried in Macy's at Fair Oaks I've had good talks with employees about carrying.

ZachRU
On Target
On Target

First Name: Zach

My Arsenal:
Fav: Glock 30

Next Firearm:
Bushmaster Carbon 15

Postby rlbellco72 » Mon, 27 Aug 2012 05:59:49

Carried Sunday. Went to Bass Pro Shops, but didn't carry into the store. I got the impression from either this forum or another forum that they were not real keen on customers carrying inside the store. I did see one person open carrying in the store, so I asked CS and found out that they do allow it. So the next time I go I will certainly carry inside. :clap:
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready.

Theodore Roosevelt

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
rlbellco72
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Rodney

Previous

Return to Carrying Your Firearm