What's your EDC look like?

Open Carry and Concealed Carry. Where did you carry today?

Re: What's your EDC look like?

Postby jdonovan » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 06:49:57

I find I can carry large (HK USP full size, 1911 etc..) OWB with a cover garment. Mostly I use higher riding holsters, and that is probably why I have no problems in/out of vehicles.

I do find for personal comfort reasons, my IWB needed to be a slightly smaller pistol, the glock compacts work fine (G19 or 32 size), Compact XD's, and have no trouble transitioning from in/out vehicle.

Most of my carry is 3 o'clock for owb, and about 2 o'clock for IWB.

You need to find out what works for you, your body size/shape, clothing style etc.. Start by wearing around the house. Does it get in the way, catch on things, restrict your movement? Make adjustments until it doesn't.

jdonovan
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby MarcSpaz » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 09:31:22

Jim, my son always holsters after he is out of the car. I did for years too. He and I used the body of the vehicle and the doors to reduce visibility of what we are doing to the outside world. Still, once in awhile, people would see and I could tell it made them nervous.

If I am not using the IWB holsters I mentioned, I use an OWB Slide holster. It loops into the belt and has a lot of mobility to it with little effort. You can always try a slide holster, holster It in the vehicle, then when you exit the vehicle, it's just a quick adjustment through the poop. No weapon exposure outside the vehicle.

Just a thougbt, if you are concerned.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby MarcSpaz » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 11:22:32

These are the 3 holsters I was mentioning.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby Swampman » Thu, 13 Oct 2016 11:41:15

Thanks Marc. Still looking to see what works. Have always heard that a lot of folks have many holsters for their EDC's that just didn't work out for one reason or another. I now have three for my M&P 9mm. The one I use most often is a cheap plastic thing that is actually pretty comfortable. Two others that I just bought recently are stretchy fabric with Velcro fasteners. They don't really hold it in place well as they aren't attached to anything. And reholstering is impossible without two hands. I've got to get around to some bigger stores (not much in Front Royal) to see what else is available. Getting a new Bass Pro (or is it Cabela's?) in Gainesville. So I'll probably hit them up when it is finished. Plenty of smaller shops up near Winchester that I may try soon.
Progressives/Liberals - Promoting tyranny and a defenseless people since 1913.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Swampman
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jim

Postby Lishie » Thu, 13 Oct 2016 21:31:34

I carry a Springfield XDsc IWB using either a Crossbreed (from their seconds site) or a Little Foxx holster. While I like both and both are comfortable, the Crossbreed is my favorite, when I get it positioned just right I can almost forget it's there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Lishie
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

First Name: Alicia

My Arsenal:
Springfield XDsc
S&W Shield

Previous

ads

Return to Carrying Your Firearm