very important/curious question about conceal carrying.

Open Carry and Concealed Carry. Where did you carry today?

very important/curious question about conceal carrying.

Postby Ram703 » Wed, 13 Mar 2019 23:45:29

do yall have friends or family who conceal carry, but dont have conceal carry permits? it seems to me i have more Friends and met MORE people that say the second amendment is my permit and dont have a ccw and ive met quite a bit of people who i meet from work or friends or family who do the same thing? is this more common that i thought it was. yes i have a CCW but im just surprised at the amount of people who conceal who dont and was curious.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Ram703
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
357 snub nose revolver

Re: very important/curious question about conceal carrying.

Postby SHMIV » Thu, 14 Mar 2019 06:38:40

While I support the notion that the 2nd Amendment is our carry permit, those with the power to royally screw us would disagree. In Virginia, no permit is required to carry openly. Plus, you don't need a permit to keep a pistol in your glove box or center console, provided they latch. So, why risk it? The consequence, if caught, is too great.

I would, personally, suggest that it is foolish to carry concealed without a permit, right now. Especially with the strong, anti-freedom views of the governor and AG.

Seriously, this puts you at risk of losing your right to keep and bear arms, and those who are caught can then be held up as examples by the anti-gun crowd, to "prove" what criminals we all are. Carrying "illegally" makes the whole gun-owning community look bad.

Besides, if you ever have to use the thing, you will have some explaining to do. Probably at the police station. After you've been arrested. This will result in fines, and lawyers fees. After that, it's really cheaper and less hassle to just get the damn permit, if "concealed" is all that important to you.

So, no. I do not carry concealed without a permit. To my knowledge, I don't know anyone who does. None of my friends or family (or myself) have any desire to waste time looking at jail cells, riding to Hobo Hiltons in Tijuana Taxis, or discussing the finer points of the 2A with unfriendly (and unsympathetic) lawyers and judges.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby MarcSpaz » Thu, 14 Mar 2019 09:18:39

H summed it up about as good as it gets.

I don't know anyone and would never advocate for it. Its too easy to get a CHP or open carry. I think in total I spent $50 and it took a few hours of actual work. My son has been open carrying every day for the last 4 years. No issues.

I have always said that if you don't like a law, work to get it changed. In the mean time, you have to abide by it. I would love for VA to go to Constitutional carry... but I doesn't see it in our future.

If I were you, I would encourage people to get permits and stay away from people you know are illegally carrying. I have spent enough time with PWC Police and Federal Law Enforcement to see people who "weren't doing anything wrong" get swept up in criminal cases because of the company they keep.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby wittmeba » Sat, 16 Mar 2019 11:34:54

Have you ever noticed that almost without exception a violation of any gun law will cause you to have ALL your gun rights revoked? Just the way the libs want it, too.
A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.
Make America Great Again
M-A-G-A

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Postby MarcSpaz » Sat, 16 Mar 2019 11:50:42

Yes, Sir... that is the grand plan, isn't it?

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby AlanM » Sun, 17 Mar 2019 08:15:00

wittmeba wrote:Have you ever noticed that almost without exception a violation of any gun law will cause you to have ALL your gun rights revoked? Just the way the libs want it, too.

Unless, of course, you are a millionaire, a politician, a national sports figure, or a celebrity.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 18 Mar 2019 00:41:05

Well, Alan, that only works if you lean left.

"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby AlanM » Mon, 18 Mar 2019 14:05:13

SHMIV wrote:Well, Alan, that only works if you lean left.

Good point.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Free Shipping on All Power Tools!

Return to Carrying Your Firearm