Concealed Carry Permits

Open Carry and Concealed Carry. Where did you carry today?

Concealed Carry Permits

Postby Mosinguy94 » Tue, 08 Mar 2016 17:14:49

Hello,

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone ever worry about the government coming after your guns first because you have a permit? This is something my Dad is concerned about, and he's made me weary about getting a permit myself. I'm thinking that this is probably too paranoid, but I'd like a little reassurance. Thanks for reading/commenting.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Mosinguy94
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Re: Concealed Carry Permits

Postby wittmeba » Tue, 08 Mar 2016 17:43:35

Your question is really asking if one feels their CWP is a give-a-way to them having guns. Anyone buying a new gun through a reputable gun shop, the government already knows by the Form 4473 -- no guess work here. And this will fit most gun owners.

I personally have a little different concern. Not so much that it is likely but there seems to be situations where LE/Govt act as though they don't seem they have any rules. That could mean trouble for both them and me.

There are lots of discussions on this subject on the web.
It is still a scary thought as to how close we came
to having Hillary Clinton as president of the USA.

A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Postby fiasconva » Tue, 05 Apr 2016 15:39:34

If you carry your gun concealed without a permit it most likely is going to confiscated if you get caught. Not worth the risk and you'd probably lose any chance of getting a concealed carry permit if you get convicted.
Why wouldn't you hold up the targets for me? It's a 9mm.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
fiasconva
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Pat

Postby SHMIV » Tue, 05 Apr 2016 16:14:46

One could always buy from private sellers, and carry openly.

Sure, you'll be seen, but there is no documentation. State and local LEO really don't care enough to make a big deal of it. Worst I've ever gotten was a brief stare down/stink eye from a deputy. He just kinda glared for a moment, from his car, then he drove away.

On the other hand, I've been complemented on good citizenship by an off duty officer while carrying, and I stood right next to a uniformed deputy in Walmart once, and he seemed completely oblivious to the gun on my belt.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby dorminWS » Wed, 06 Apr 2016 10:32:30

They'll know you have A gun. But for sure dont't tell then you have gunS.
Attachments
Ilied.jpg
Why not? they damn sure lie to you.
Ilied.jpg (31.45 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Return to Carrying Your Firearm