CVA Barrel Blaster Rust Muzzle Plug .45/50CalBarrel Blaster Rust Muzzle Plug .45/50Cal
CVA
    CVA Barrel Blaster Bore CleanerBarrel Blaster Bore Cleaner
CVA
    CVA Universal Loading Tip for RamrodsUniversal Loading Tip for Ramrods
CVA

Can you carry at Busch Gardens?

Open Carry and Concealed Carry. Where did you carry today?

Can you carry at Busch Gardens?

Postby newdovo » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 09:10:51

Taking the family to Busch Gardens for the Christmas Town event. Does anyone know their firearms policy? Notice any signs posted when entering the park? Their website doesn't state anything.
Even if I can, I'm still deciding whether I will carry in the park. We'll eat at the Festhaus, and I'm concerned about the reaction when I have to switch to OC in there. It's a loooonnnnggg walk back to the car if I have to carry my gun out. :roll:

Parry

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
newdovo
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: newdovo

Re: Can you carry at Busch Gardens?

Postby wbtrunx » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 09:57:00

Good question.
I would imagine they don't let it.
You'd have to open carry, if you could, due to the alcohol serving.

wbtrunx
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Wes

Postby wally626 » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 16:24:00

They search handbags when entering, but I do not recall anything about guns.

The alcohol is only allowed in limited areas, so as long as you stayed out the restaurants you would be OK, but my assumption is that they ban weapons.

wally626
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Wally

My Arsenal:
Glock 22

Postby zephyp » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 18:42:51

I would CC and pass right on by the gate unless they have a sign...
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Postby OakRidgeStars » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:37:45

zephyp wrote:I would CC and pass right on by the gate unless they have a sign...

Sign, you say?. Not sure if this is real or not, but maybe it is.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Image @OakRidgeStars

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby zephyp » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 22:35:57

My guess is that is a bogus sign... :hysterical:
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Postby SgtBill » Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:16:50

Let your finger's do the walking and give them a call. Better safe then sorry.
Bill

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force  
SgtBill
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Too many to list.

Postby newdovo » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:25:25

Well, we did Busch Gardens and the family had a lot of fun.
I called ahead to ask about their firearms policy, specfically, carrying open or concealed within the park, and got a bit of a run-around. The gal who answered the phone didn't really know the answer, but that didn't stop her from telling me what she thinks the answer should be. Final answer I got (3rd person I talked to) was that they did not allow weapons or knives in the park. I asked if it was posted somewhere at the entrance, and was told "yes" but they couldn't, for certain, tell me where.
I looked as diligently as I could, but I could not find a sign on the way in. As wally mentioned, they do search bags on the way in. As I saw no sign, I really wondered what they were looking for. :roll: They did not have any kind of metal detectors or wands, so I suppose that one could easily get through while carrying on his person.
On the way out, I looked again for signs, and I did finally find it. It was a big (8'x3' or so) sign that you passed as you walked from the parking lot into the park. The sign was pretty busy, lots of stuff on it. And I suppose that there were people between me and the sign as we passed it. Although it was a good sized sign, it was easy to miss/ignore. At the very bottom it said something like "The following are prohibited: weapons, knives, etc., etc..." It rounded up stating that they'll ask you to leave if you break the rules. :roll:
So there you have it.

Parry

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
newdovo
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby jadedone4 » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 06:11:18

... that (as well as a lot of other "no-weapons") policy is straight out of "Looney-Tunes" (insert music here...).

... they check bags but have no metal detector/wands, etc. So my question is.. are they attempting to keep weapons out, or the pack of hot-dogs someone wants to bring in so that they don't have to spend $20 on an OscarMayer..?

While I'd never carry on a ride (unless you are using a tactical-rig, strapped-down); I should not be required to give up my right to protect myself - and surrender it to some HS or College-aged kid with a white shirt, flash-light and lack of a clue.

jadedone4
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: JadedOne

My Arsenal:
SIG P226-9mm
New England Firearms "Pardner" 12-gauge Shotgun
Savage Arms Stevens 512 O/U Shotgun in 12g

Next Firearm:
AR-15 (RRA)

Postby OakRidgeStars » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:21:25

If you're going to CC at Busch Gardens, make sure it's in a good rig. You don't you don't want to loose it as you're riding the Glocktapus
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Image @OakRidgeStars

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby newdovo » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:51:40

OakRidgeStars wrote:If you're going to CC at Busch Gardens, make sure it's in a good rig. You don't you don't want to loose it as you're riding the Glocktapus

LOL! The Rugercoaster could be problematic, as well. :) Not to mention the KimberWolf.

newdovo
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Return to Carrying Your Firearm