Hogue Govt Al BrushedGls Clear AnoGovt Al BrushedGls Clear Ano
Hogue
    Hogue Govt Al BrushedGls Black AnoGovt Al BrushedGls Black Ano
Hogue
    Hogue Govt G10 GMa BlackGrayGovt G10 GMa BlackGray
Hogue

The Perfect .45 ACP Carbine.

Big Bore and "Assault" Rifle discussions - If you don;t know why "Assault" is in quotes, then read on...

The Perfect .45 ACP Carbine.

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:12:14

I have looked at UZI, HK (Pthpt on their 10 round mags), MAC Carbines, Tommy Guns, KRISS, AR45's, even HIGH POINT...

None seem to be what I'm looking for, so the PERFECT .45 ACP carbine would use AR furniture, Hi Cap Grease Gun Mags, Uzi bolt/barrel, and be under 5lb, and cost less than $750-$1000 dollars...

Am I right on this?

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Re: The Perfect .45 ACP Carbine.

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:58:49

I don't know, but if you find two of 'em, I'll buy one.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."
-Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:27:26

EXACTLY! I am NOT the only person LOOKING for this... :thumbsup:

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:56:55

Tell the truth, I wasn't/ain't looking for it, but if I found it, I'd want one.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."
-Thomas Jefferson

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:

Postby gunderwood » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:21:03

The KRISS is sweet, but cheap they are not!

Pistol carbines are not new, but their practically has always been in question. Pistols are barely enough for SD and there are lots of shootings which a pistol fails to be sufficient without a CNS hit. Now an intermediate cartridge makes a lot of sense IMHO. Something like a .460Rowland or .44mag carbine would be a force to reckon with! 50-100% more than a regular .45, but much less recoil than an all out rifle cartridge.

This isn't too far off of your request: https://www.masterpiecearms.com/proddet ... =MPA1SST-X

I've heard they make a 460Rowland, but don't see it listed. Basically those are MAC-10 clones with furniture.
sudo modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.

gunderwood
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:25:12

Yeah, I had a few people e-mail those... The fact they use GREASE GUN mags makes them more viable, but didn't someone change the back end of one of those to use AR-buffers to extend the life?

I remember shooting a fully-auto one over at Dominion that had one, I don't know if THEY built it, or if it came that way...

Hhhmmmm, I may have to PONDER this... :coffee:

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:51:04

gunderwood wrote:I've heard they make a 460Rowland, but don't see it listed. Basically those are MAC-10 clones with furniture.

It's listed.
-Thomas Jefferson

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby gunderwood » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:21:11

dorminWS wrote:
gunderwood wrote:I've heard they make a 460Rowland, but don't see it listed. Basically those are MAC-10 clones with furniture.

It's listed.

:confused:

Under the Defender series I see only 9mm and .45ACP listed. If you click rifles, again, only those two show up. Under tactical weapons again, only 9mm and .45ACP show up. Under technical info only 9mm and .45ACP are listed. Where did you see a listing for .460 Rowland on their site? I've seen the videos and www.460rowland.com claiming they do, but nothing on the MPA site.

Edit: Finally found it in their download-able product brief, but I still don't see it listed anywhere else...which is kind of odd.

gunderwood
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

Postby OakRidgeStars » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 19:36:47

No one mentioned the Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine in 45acp.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/cx4-storm/
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:34:56

The reason we didn't mention the Beretta is it's wussified 10 round extended mag... If someone built a HIGH CAP mag? I would be there tomorrow. And I would take the stock of, and "fix" that connector from the back to the bottom grip.

Hideous.

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby dorminWS » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:06:26

Yup.
@Gunderwood - I like the idea of the .460 Rowland, but the other side of it is that it''ll be harder to get all the time and real hard if the SHTF. On the other hand, since I own several .45 ACPs, it is one of the calibers of which I try to keep at least a case on hand.
-Thomas Jefferson

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:01:20

It just shocks me that it's never been done before...

Most people who own .45 ACP own a Carbine of some caliber. Combing the two would be significant for having overlap.

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby OakRidgeStars » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:02:04

Reverenddel wrote:The reason we didn't mention the Beretta is it's wussified 10 round extended mag... If someone built a HIGH CAP mag? I would be there tomorrow. And I would take the stock of, and "fix" that connector from the back to the bottom grip.

Hideous.

There are extended mags for the PX4/CX4, but they're hard to come by. However, the CX4 is a lot of fun to shoot.

And, no, it won't win any beauty contests.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby Diomed » Wed, 16 Mar 2011 00:43:39

I'm not sure why the .45 carbine is so sought-after. I don't have one, exactly, but I do have some .45 subguns, and they're not that great. Heavy, big, with a surprising amount of recoil. A .357 lever action would give you more oomph, a 9mm more capacity and easier handling.

Diomed
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Nah

Postby Reverenddel » Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:59:24

I think the reason is so many 1911's running around out there, people want a "Carbine/Handgun" combo.

Using the same rounds? You can carry more of ONE caliber than of TWO!

Yeah, I'm looking at a .357 lever considering how many .357 wheelguns I own. It's not top of the list though.

I looked at a Semi Tommy in military configuration with a milled aluminum receiver, but with that recoil, and putting synthetic furniture? The thing would kick like a stung mule.

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby Diomed » Thu, 17 Mar 2011 01:31:38

Reverenddel wrote:I looked at a Semi Tommy in military configuration with a milled aluminum receiver, but with that recoil, and putting synthetic furniture? The thing would kick like a stung mule.

In semi I wouldn't worry too much. Even with the aluminum receiver it's still pretty heavy (issues with non-steel receivers aside), and the gun doesn't really have punishing recoil in full auto, it just climbs if you're not on top of things.

The Tommy's main drawbacks are that it's ungodly heavy and very complicated for what it is. First gen subguns tended to be.

Diomed
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Nah

Postby Reverenddel » Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:16:12

You know? I keep going back to the Uzi Carbine full sized, with the .45 auto conversion...

The problem is cost of magazines, and spare parts.

I'm still pondering this on the "TreeStand of Woe".

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby gunderwood » Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:39:45

Reverenddel wrote:You know? I keep going back to the Uzi Carbine full sized, with the .45 auto conversion...

The problem is cost of magazines, and spare parts.

I'm still pondering this on the "TreeStand of Woe".

You get what you pay for though. If you are seriously thinking about an auto, then things like mags don't really matter IMHO. They could be $100 a pop and in short order your ammo costs would more than eclipse them.

gunderwood
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

Postby Reverenddel » Thu, 17 Mar 2011 13:55:22

Not "Auto" as "Fully Automatic", But "Auto" as ".45ACP".

I own a .45 LC, or .45 Colt. I have to differentiate in my mind.

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby gunderwood » Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:20:14

Reverenddel wrote:Not "Auto" as "Fully Automatic", But "Auto" as ".45ACP".

I own a .45 LC, or .45 Colt. I have to differentiate in my mind.

Ah, yes.

gunderwood
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

Next

Return to Large Bore and "Assault" Rifles